Wednesday, July 22, 2009

thrifty days spent in a good way

current tune: "Rabbit Heart" by: Florence and The Machine

Mushrooms make me happy. They're cute. Quaint. Colorful. And are quite decorative on mugs, plates, and any other kitchen accessory that catches my eye!


As a child, my father worked at a large company called Coleco, and had one of their computers...possibly as "Adam" computer with a Smurf game on it that he and I used to play when I was in elementary school. I adored the Smurfs so much as a child growing up in the late '80's - early '90's....Smurfette, of course being a favorite.

So...! I purchased these little cuties today at the Salvation Army on Erie Blvd. for $0.79 a piece!

I apologize for the less-than-lovely photos...
but...aren't they just adorable?
I am head over heels for these little salt and pepper shaker and small sugar dish!

These little shakers reminded me of the Smurfs and I just couldn't pass these retro ceramics for such a fab price! They're a bit chipped in places and faded....but they still hold a lot of love.


I also picked up a teal high waisted 1960's skirt and a patterned hippie-love skirt. Both of which I loved as well!


I'll post better photos, I promise, of these! Hopefully some of me wearing them in some unique ensembles. I need to take in the patterned skirt a bit, but I am just itching to throw together a vintage-artsy-chic ensemble with the teal high-waister skirt. And I am very pleased that high-waisted skirts, shorts, and pants and slowly coming back into style!

And lastly this little beauty! I picked up this funky cheap headband in the basement of Carousel Mall in 99cent city. I would like to get back into headbands as a neat accessory as well!

I want to find headbands like this that are simply....gorgeous! I stumbled upon this great find on Splendicty.com and would love to have it for my own! They have some absolute fabulous headbands and accessories that rock my socks!


What are some of your favorite fashion accessories to stylize your own statements?

Besides your fab selves!


1 comment:

Shanna McKay* said...

rings, and vintage and/or piratey things with a modern twist =)