Sunday, April 12, 2009

a friend from a different time

current tune: "Peacock Tail" by: Boards of Canada

Saturday was an exceptionally long day for me consisting of 8 hours of work, 2 hours of driving, and then getting home around 10pm that night. Long, long, long! But there was a small perk that I spotted on the side of the road, surrounded in the darkness of night, and just waiting there on route 30 past Fonda as I was driving into Johnstown.

It was love at first sight. Followed by a couple three-point turns.

This fabulous chair was just sitting on the side of the road in front of a private religious school in Fonda. He caught my eye, and I couldn't ignore him. He was then placed in the trunk of my car and driven home, where he now resides until I see him again, but in the care of my family back home.

When I come home next I plan on getting him re-upholstered for cheap, with hopefully a cute 1960's vintage fabric.

After the real reason why I came home for one day (Easter family dinner and my father's b-day) I went to Wal-Mart quick with Matt for minuscule things, cookies, and a nostalgic pick me up by our local corporate representative, I saw this:

Mr. Turtle sandboxes!!!

I used to have one when I was a child, and it flooded my mind with wonderful cherished childhood memories before I ran in to buy some chips ahoy, chapstick, and a notebook.


These little perks were nice after a rough week and rough weekend.


Driving home and back and not even staying 24 hours = sucky
Not getting senior suite with friend = shitty
Finding treasure on the side of the road = priceless

No comments: