Friday, March 13, 2009

movie: trainspotting

current tune: "Connection" by: Elastica

My good friend, Matt M., insisted that I see this movie before I went overseas for the semester, and I have found the reason why. My heart shed a couple tears after seeing flashes of London and places I have personally visited once I saw Trainspotting.

Trainspotting stars a young Ewan McGregor as a oddly emaciated punk-looking drug junkie and his broogs in an economically depressed Scotland. He, and his friends, Tommy, Spud, Sick Boy, Begbie, and his fling Diane go through ups and downs in their lives in the 1990's and almost make heroin a bit as a comic relief.

check out the U.K. trailer:



The movie has some great quotes, and almost makes you feel like you're experiencing their altered state of mind. I would classify this movie as an underground cult classic that every movie buff should have under their belt.

No comments: