Monday, March 23, 2009

movie: Gonzo

current tune: "Slideshow at Free University" by: Le Tigre

***Full title: "Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson"

Last night I had the random and opportune chance to watch the documentary "Gonzo" last night with my good friend Mandi and her mutual friend. I remembered reading about Hunter S. Thompson, his work, and the documentary in an old issue of Rolling Stone magazine at my house at some point.

It's one of the things you read in the living room with a drink and think, "Wow, that look interesting. I'd like to see that at some point." And then you do!

Hunter S. Thompson is the wonderful creator of such works, such as "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Mr. Thompson was oddly very attractive (in my opinion!) with a sharp mind for political issues around him and the well being of the country he lived in and issues surrounding him and the American Dream.

I would have gladly written about him and his American Dream, when I was studying abroad.

He was passionate, ridiculous, and loved to explore the inner subconscious of the human psyche.






It was an amazing documentary, that I wish to own for myself.
I don't know if it's the era, the attitude, or the way of life that attracts me so much to the '60's and '70's, but I enjoy them and what they stood for very much!

No comments: