Thursday, March 12, 2009

movie: black snake moan

current tune: "Girl" by: Beck

I've been wanting to see this movie for quite some time, and I finally had the chance to sit down and watch it, though it has been released since 2007.

Christina Ricci is one of my favorite actresses, and did a great acting job in this movie, as an almost white trash 20 -something girl in an (I'm assuming) Mississippi town. I love her in the Adams Family, Buffalo '66, Penelope; etc. and this is another movie that emphasizes her talent and charisma for taking on different characters and roles.

Black Snake Moan is raw, intense at times, and a little heartfelt in places to balance everything out. You fall in love with each character and see that even though their flaws may be unlike your own, one must overcome them to move on in life, whether it is in a southern climate or anywhere else.

check out the trailer:




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

note: **a great Beck video

In my personal opinion, I would runaway with Beck Hansen and live a gypsy life in the back of our aqua painted 1970's VW microbus on the highways of western, U.S. making music and making art.

1 comment:

Gracie-Lou said...

I've been wanting to see that movie too. It was on sale at Best Buy for like, $6 or something crazy...but Pretty in Pink was only $5...I had to make a choice XP