Friday, November 28, 2008

uninspired wreckage

Current tune: "Kids" by: MGMT

I've been a fuck off for awhile with everything. Including my life.
As a result I'm totally, utterly, and completely uninspired. The worst thing ever.

At an attempt to rekindle something...anything. I've been watching MGMT videos on youtube and making pirate paper hats. I actually did not know how to make a paper hat on my own, so I youtube'd a tutorial on it. Basically, I learned from ten year old boys, and it was a good time.


I sat on my kitchen floor with my laptop at my feet and maybe pirate paper hats with the guidance of these children. I've been in a pirate mood lately, I suppose. Is that a mood? Baaahh....it is now. So I made a sign for our cursed interweb box. While I was doing all of this Jake just made jokes and watched the struggling artist trying to muster something to curb her inner cravings of creation.
Here's the video I watched: how to make a paper hat

Quite helpful.

So I feel like I'm at a dead end. I've got a shopping cart sitting in my back garden waiting to be spray painted. I think I'm going to do a pretty candy colour, like a pink or magenta. Then I don't know what else to do with it. It needs more, but I haven't gotten farther than that. I've lost all creativity with these god awful papers and timetables. If I had more carts, I'd paint them all and stack them in a "Poltergeist" kind of way with the chairs.

Inspiration, please!

No comments: