Tuesday, November 11, 2008

friendly love <3

Current tune: "Funny Little Frog" by: Belle And Sebastian

So I'm currently cooking in the kitchen with my friends! yay! We are enjoying a pleasant meal of eggplant parm. and pasta! Christina, Nikita, Gracie, Shanna, Will (Christina's beau) are all sitting in the kitchen enjoying each other's com
pany on laptops, with magazines, cooking, and just chatting. I love it!

Times like these make me really happy!
I love my friends <3

The smell of warm cooking food, good friends, and wonderful conversation is amazing!
Our homemade, and vegan friendly eggplant parm!

Eggplant is so yummy! <3

I have a light blue Death Cab For Cutie shirt neatly folded up ion my desk in my room in my flat. I honestly don't know what to do with this shirt, because my friend gave it to me in tears as an attempt to rid herself of a broken love and ex-boyfriend. I ran to my best friend's flat last night to comfort her in tears with tea, hugs, shoulders to lean on, and girl talk.

I don't know what to do with the shirt. A part of me sees myself writing on the back of the shirt the story behind the t-shirt. I feel like it could be a wearable feminist statement. They are a very good band, but I feel weird wearing it. The memories and thought behind this article of clothing make me feel awkward wearing it for my own enjoyment. What should I do?


**************************

So I decided to finish this post today, the day after the first part was written. I really don't know where I'm going to go with this blog, but I hope it serves me well.

I've decided to go purchase some house paint (because it soaks in clothes and won't wash out) and write on the back of the shirt. Kinda a little sad at the thought of this, because when I tried it on it fit sooo perfectly! But I know that I'm going to do this, feel good, and make my friend feel better as well!

During my Modern Britain class, when we had break I came up with an idea for it. Here goes:

i wear this shirt for my best friend.
to get over a past flame.
to be a stronger person.
i look up to her.
<3

I think this will make her smile. It will be my little feminist wearable art. <3


No comments: